OMFGRPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting started?

Go down

Getting started? Empty Getting started?

Post by Medic Man Sun May 31, 2015 6:59 pm

Hello, and welcome to OMFGRPG! We know it can be a bit overwhelming to join a new site, but we're here to help! cherry

You may be asking yourself "Well where do I start, Medic Man?" Well let me tell you! The best place to start after making your account and verifying your email is to make a new post in the Welcome Wagon forum, tell us a little bit about you, what kind of roleplays you're looking for, hobbies, interests, and so on. Don't be shy! I'm sure we'll all give you a warm welcome along with a rice cake. (If you like rice cakes.)

Make sure to take some time to check out our Rules section to see what's okay and whats not okay to post or do on this website, most of it is common sense but we'd like everyone to go over the rules so it's clear. Site Rules

After you've made your first post and got yourself out there, take some time to edit your profile, upload a photo, your birthday (so we all can get you gifts, duh!), set up a signature for everyone to see when you post on the forums, and so on. Really show off that unique you! This way after you've been on the site for a while, those who are new or would like to more about you, will have a much easier time finding information instead of searching for your Intro thread.

So okay, now you've got down the basics of the basics, so what's next you ask?

Now's the time to look for a role play! Head over to the Roleplaying category and begin your search! The roleplays are divided into genres so choose whichever you're most interested in! Once you've chosen a roleplay you're interested in, take the time to read the rules the creator has added along with whatever else they require. Find the character skeleton required for the roleplay (usually posted in the forum, if not check the character sheet forum that's for the roleplay and fill out the information they require. It's the creator's decision to accept you or decline.

Think you have a neat idea for a roleplay of your own? Great! Feel free to get started on creating your own little world for people to join, but before you jump right into making a roleplay, take a second to read over the Guide to making a roleplay so you can set up and make it nice and easy for everyone to understand!

So you got down the basics of making your own roleplay huh? Great! next step is to make sure you set up a character skeleton for those who are interested in joining you can do so and give you all the information needed for the character they make. Take a look at our Guide to writing a character sheet to get a idea as to how you want everything to look!

What else is there to do on this website other than roleplaying? I'M GLAD YOU ASKED! We have a chat room along with just a General Discussion thread available for everyone to just talk and chat about whatever you want and maybe make a friend or two!

Well that's about it! As of right now, these are all the real basic things we got going on here, we would love to hear how you feel about our website! If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to get in contact with Rocket, me, or any of the moderators.

And remeber, have fun! Very Happy
Medic Man
Medic Man

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum